Tuesday 31 January 2012

Baingan/Eggplant curry

Hi Guys!!!! It is almost two months since my last post. A big sorry to all my dear readers!! I was so caught up with my work and also i was in my vacation i couldnt ppost any recipes.  However, I'm happy that I could fix them all to the satisfaction of the readers if god wills. This kept me completely away from the Blogosphere. I neither looked up my own space nor visited other blogs too. Hopefully, this new year 2012 permits me more time for my blog.
 

A new start into the new year.  Wishing everybody a wonderful year ahead. So, I'm back with a new post into the year.Hope all my readers ll visit my blog and do give comments....

Egg plant is a very good vegetable which is effective in the treatment of High blood Cholestrol.It helps to block the formation of free radicals and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.




 
Ingredients

Egg plant                            -6 nos(small slit into 4)
Fenugreek seeds                 -1/2tsp
Currry leaves                      -few
Garlic                                  -  3pods
Onion                                  -1chopped
Shallots                               - 8-10no chopped
Tomato                               -2 chopped
Chilly pwd                           -2tsp
Corainder pwd                    -2tsp
Turmeric pwd                      - 1/2 tsp
Zeera pwd                           -  1/2 tsp
Coconut                               - 1/4cup(grinded)
Oil                                        -2tbsp
salt to taste


Method

  • In a kadai ,heat oil.whrn the oil is heated add fenugreek seeds curry leaves and garlc and fry for 1 min.
  • Then add onion and shallots and saute till golden brown.then add chilly pwd,turmeric pwd and corainder pwd and stir for 2 sec and add the tomatoes.
  • when the tomatoed is cooked add the egg plant and stir fry and add one glass of water and cover and cook in loww flame.
  • When the egg plant is cooked add the coconut and bring to boil and switch off the flame.
  • It can be served with hot rice and idly's.

No comments:

Post a Comment